Re: how to get MOzilla to print to Cups printer through kprint

If you are not able to print at all, these are the instructions you
need.  Follow them exactly.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html

If you have a DeskJet like I do, you will need to download the tar file
and compile the driver locally.   You can find the tar file here with
instructions at: http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/install.php

Inside the above file you will find the PPD and Foomatic files.  I know
this sounds like a bunch of hoops to jump through but it does really
work by taking one step at a time.

Once the above is finished, you will be able to print with Mozilla using
the following command.

Goto File-Print.  With Printer: PostScript/default selected, click
Properties.  Using the instruction I showed in the begining put the
following command in the Print Command area:

lp -d fool -o PrintoutMode=Draft
${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

The print-spooler is named fool in the example at the top.

I just did all of this over the weekend.  Its sweet once you get it
working.

Ross