KMix with ALSA?

Hi...

After some adventuring, I actually get sound from my new soundcard. After some
more adventuring, I'm still unable to use KMix for volume adjustments. I have
set the KDE sound system to use ALSA, and testing sound works. alsamixer also
works.

I'm using ALSA 0.9.3 from unstable with drivers from the ALSA homepage (latest
stable, 0.9.3c) and KDE stuff from unstable (3.1.1 and 3.1.2 versions mixed).

I enabled OSS emulation in ALSA once and KMix found that mixer, but I'd prefer
not using that stuff since I don't really need it for anything important.

Another thing is that the System/Info Center utility from KDE shows some
entries in the sound section that don't seem kosher: Audio/Synth devices and
Mixers are shown as "NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG". Does that mean I have to
re-install some package from source with some extra options ebabled?

--
Got Backup?