Re: aptitude and multiple distros

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 06:30, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On 28 May 2003 06:07:40 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > With apt-get, I can do:
> >   # apt-get -u -t testing install foobar
> >   # apt-get -u -t unstable install snafu
>
> > How do I do the same in aptitude from the command line?
>
>     -t is shared between the two.  -u isn't needed since aptitude always shows
> you changes before making them.  So:
>
> aptitude -t testing install foobar
> aptitude -t unstable install snafu
>
>     At least that is what I get from reading 'aptitude help' and 'man
> apt-get'.

Are you running v0.2.12-3 from sid?  I ask this, because, unless
I'm totally blind, the v0.2.11.1-3 from sarge doesn't mention
those options.

And I knew that about "-u", since the aptitude man page says that
that option does something completely different in aptitude.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |