Re: Please help me find my lost interrupt!

If you can boot with rescue disk or knoppix and get to
the drive and see it's contents, then it is most
likely a softw are problem.
The errors you describe sound like broken hardware
(either motherboard, but most likely drive) to me,
though.  Borrow another drive and plug it in to see if it works.

Paul Lewis wrote:
Trying to get my ide zip drive to work, it is registered during boot as,

hdc: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI Floppy, ATAPI Floppy drive.

When I try to use the drive in this case to format a zip drive I get the following,

Writing superblock and file system accounting information:

Then I get loads of errors;

hdc: lost interrupt
ide-floppy:  COD !=0 in idefloppy_pc_intr
hdc: ATAPI reset complete.

That goes on forever.

Can anyone tell me why, and what to do to make the drive work properly.