postfix vs exim [WAS: Re: dfokkema: fix your mta]

Hi group,

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 12:39:35PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Why won't exim apply the qualify_domain rules to the headers? I traced
> some mails through exim, and the header Mail-Followup-To: dfokkema is
> not qualified, so not rewritten, :-(

I asked around on the exim-users list, and exim doesn't rewrite
non-standard headers. Apparently, murphy.debian.org does rewrite the
it is qualifying whereas exim ignores it.

I noticed that murphy is running postfix.

About the time I joined this list, I believe there was a discussion
about postfix which I couldn't follow at the time. Does someone care to
tell me what is the _main_ advantage of running postfix instead of
exim3? Does someone care to tell me what is the _main_ advantage of
running exim3 instead of postfix? We're talking woody here...

TIA,

David