Re: Opinions on Lindows Mobile PC

On Tue, 27 May 2003 09:17:54 -0400
Jeremy Petzold <jpetzold@earthlink.net> wrote:

> if your gonna pay for a distro buy libranet. their system does not die if
> you apt-get from the main tree...at least that is what they say on
> OSNews....why anyone would pay 60 bucks for a distro when debian is free
> and easy to set up is beyond me.

Libranet makes the installation and initial setup easy, and that may be
worth $60 to a newbie.

Many who are accustomed to Debian forget how hard it can be at first. I tore
out some of my hair trying to figure it out. I didn't know about this list,
no one else in my LUG used Debian, and all the books I found were for RH,
Mandrake and SuSE.

Kevin