Re: ntp synchronisation lost

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 12:23, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm seeing a large amount of the following message in my syslogs:
>
> ntpd[542]: synchronisation lost
>
> It seems to happen at night, and appears to be persistent.  However, ntpq shows
> that the hosts in question know about other NTP servers, and appear to be
> setting time from them.
>
> The NIST NTP pages didn't seem to have much about this, or how to debug NTP
> issues... has anyone else had this problem?

I just posted this same question about a week ago actually. I went
through and checked the order of servers in my ntp.conf and found that
the first server on the list was down quite often, so I rearranged my
list of servers. This has cut down on the number of synchronization lost
messages I've been getting, but has not eliminated them altogether. (I
now get 4 - 5 per day, I was getting 30 - 60 a day before.)
Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of a cure-all for the problem.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837