Re: howto listening to Audio CD after enabling ide-scsi

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 13:48, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> On my ThinkPad A31 which has a mix of sarge/sid installed on it, I
> have enabled ide-scsi emulation, since I have a combo (DVDROM CDRW)
> drive. To enable ide-scsi I have added
>
> alias scd2 srmod
> alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
> options ide-cd ignore=hdc
>
> through the use of /etc/modutils/actions to /etc/modules.conf and
> added append="hdc=ide-scsi" to /etc/lilo.conf
>
> And yes, I can burn CDs with no problem.
>
> But now I can't listen to Audio CDs. My CD drive (as you have
> guessed) is now /dev/scd2 but when I issue the comman 'cdplay
> /dev/scd2' cdplay gives the 'nodisc' message to me. Same with kscd.
> These are Audio CDs which I listen to them in Mandrake, and with my
> CD player.
>
> Am I missing anything here ?

Yeah I know, worst thing ever, replying to my own message. But I
suddenly remembered that I should type cdplay -d /dev/scd2 which means
I forgot the -d option before.

BTW, can I automate this job? I mean telling cdtool programs by default
use /dev/scd2 instead of /dev/cdrom ?

Cheers

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri