howto listening to Audio CD after enabling ide-scsi

Hi there:

On my ThinkPad A31 which has a mix of sarge/sid installed on it, I have
enabled ide-scsi emulation, since I have a combo (DVDROM CDRW) drive.
To enable ide-scsi I have added

alias scd2 srmod
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
options ide-cd ignore=hdc

through the use of /etc/modutils/actions to /etc/modules.conf and added
append="hdc=ide-scsi" to /etc/lilo.conf

And yes, I can burn CDs with no problem.

But now I can't listen to Audio CDs. My CD drive (as you have guessed)
is now /dev/scd2 but when I issue the comman 'cdplay /dev/scd2' cdplay
gives the 'nodisc' message to me. Same with kscd. These are Audio CDs
which I listen to them in Mandrake, and with my CD player.

Am I missing anything here ?

Cheers
--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri