Re: Newbie trying to upgrade kernel from 2.2.20 to 2.4.20

> The only difference for you would be the use of kernel-source-2.4.20
> instead of kernel-source-2.4.18.

Kevin and Hamid,

Sorry to append another newbie question, but it's so elementary,
perhaps I can slip it in here.

How does one choose between kernels in terms of their relative
stability, security, and features? I installed a stock 2.4.18-bf2.4
for its usb and reiserfs support and am planning to customize
it. However, I presume the support would also be in 2.4.20, which
might have some additional advantages.

How to I get the information needed to compare kernels?

Haines Brown