RE: [Possibly OT] SSH / Port 80

Sharninder Singh-662 <mailto:Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in> schreef op
maandag 26 mei 2003 10:23:

>> You could run a webmin server on your box, and set its default port
>> to 80
> (not
>> 10000). Webmin has a built-in java-terminal (module webmin-telnet) ,
>> that should work from your workplace. The problem is: Everybody
>> connecting to your machine via http(s) will see the webmin login.
>>

> I have'nt used webmin yet, but that seems to be a likely solution.
> This java terminal of webmin is an applet or something which runs
> directly on the server. because if it's an applet then it would'nt
> work for me again because the applet will also connect to the ssh
> port directly which is not allowed from here.

I tried webmin 3 months ago, but I had troubles with it. The installation
went fine, but when I logged in and changed config files it, the modified
servers didn't work anymore, so I removed webmin and restored the config
files, but the servers still didn't work. I've reformatted the the server
and did the config work by hand

-WJ