Re: mutt to follow discussions.

On 03-05-25 07:59 -0700, moseley@hank.org wrote:

> I'd like to highlight index entries in a different color if the References:
> (or In-Reply-To) header contains my domain so I can see responses in a
> thread I'm involved in.
>
> I'm currently doing:
>
> color index       yellow  black "~x hank\.org"   # References
> color index       green black "~i hank\.org"     # Message ID
> color index       blue  black "~h In-Reply-To:.*hank\.org
>
> but I find that's a little slow when using imaps.  The ~h seems especially
> slow.  Any other way to do this?

in addition to a bunch of object color definitions, I use Patterns to
do this:

# messages from root that I've read/not deleted or tagged are purple
color index magenta black "~f root"

# deleted messages
color index red black ~D
# unread messages
color index green black ~U
# replied-to messages
color index cyan black ~Q
# tagged messages
color index black white ~T

# messages from me should be a different color in the index
# whether I've read/tagged/deleted them or not
color index red yellow ~P

the ~tilde syntax is explained in the "Patterns" section of the manual:
http://mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.2

& legal object & color values are at:
http://mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#ss3.7

I find it very useful for just the reasons you're interested in

Kenneth