Re: unstable: gnome-apt / menu package causes problem

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:17:24AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> When I do a dist-upgrade, apt complains about gnome-apt being in a bad
> state and suggests that I reinstall it.  It cannot be removed at the
> moment as a result of the bad state. But I can't install it either.
>
> The problem might be something else:
>
> update-menus: relocation error: update-menus: symbol _ZNSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEE4initEPSt15basic_streambufIcS1_E, version GLIBCPP_3.2 not defined in file libstdc++.so.5 with link time reference
>
> It has been like this for quite a few days now and a daily apt-get
> update and apt-get dist-upgrade did not correct anything, but failed
> every time.

libstdc++5 was broken a couple of weeks ago in sid.  'apt-get install
libstdc++5' should get you the newer, fixed version, and all should be
well.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?