Debian install boot problem?

Hello Debian_Users,

I can not get Debian to install a boot record on my system because of my
system configuration. I created a boot floppy to boot Debian, but would
like to have it installed in the root partition. When I attempted to
install in the root partition the install program gave me an error and
an option to create the floppy which I did. I use System Commander 7
(i.e. SC7) to manage my 80 GB hard disk for the multiple boot
OS/partitions as well as using SC7 for partition which is fast and easy.
I have WinXP installed in the 1st & 2nd partition with Debian installed
in the 3rd partition. Each partition is 15 GB in size. The last
partition is a 45 GB FAT32 partition.

I'm a 1st time user and did scim the install document. I don't recall
any specifics with regard to this situation, but may have missed it. Is
there a work around to install the boot record in the root partition?

TIA!

--
Best regards,

Greg Strong
TB! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows XP Service Pack 1