Re: keyboard remapping and compilation

On Saturday 17 May 2003 14:02, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> There is a hardwired keymap in the kernel, but that only applies to virtual
> consoles, not to the X Window System.

I have managed to *almost* remap the windows and menuwindow keys. Here is what
I did:
- created a file called .Xmodmap and wrote in it:
keycode 115=F13
keycode 117=F15

- executed xmodmap .Xmodmap

- entered kde control center and under "regional and accessibility"-->
keyboard shortcuts--> global shortcuts and pressed windows key (115) to
custom define "popup launch menu" and pressed menuwindow key (117) to custom
define "window operations menu" ---> Apply --> Quit.

That's all ! BUT I discovered that if I restart the computer I have to do
again xmodmap .Xmodmap. How can I modify permanently the X keyboard map ?

--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.