Re: Apt-get first time for knoppix

Hi J,
I am using knoppix 3.1, when I checked, I saw 2 packages:
verilog and verilog-mode
Not sure if you know this, but when you apt-get a package, you only use
the package name and not the version (in most cases). For example:
To install this package,
alsaconf_0.9.2-2_all.deb
you'd type:
apt-get install alsaconf
and that would get the 'stable' , 'testing' or 'unstable' version. But
that depends on you system setup. Knoppix is test/unstable.
But if you wanted to get version 0.9.2-2
you would use:
apt-get install alsaconf=0.9.2-2
HTH
-Kev