Re: M$ licenses Unix

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
bob wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 2003 05:47, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
> > I thought the USL settled the IP issues with BSD a long time ago.
>
> I think this link may refer to that settlement among other things.
>
> http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html

I saw the start of this (BSD) thread earlier today and was briefly looking for a
reference to the BSD/Unix/AT&T/etc. history to post for csj. I had to be out of
the house for a bit and couldn't immediately find something I felt sufficient.
This paper is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for and much more.

Good job! And cheers to ESR.

cheers,
marty

"Don't you think it would be a useful item to add to your intellectual
toolkits to be capable of saying, when a ton of wet steaming bullshit
lands on your head, 'My goodness, this appears to be bullshit'?"
	-Neal Stephenson

(o_
//\         don't fear the penguin   http://www.debian.org
V_/_        "It's computing, Jim, but not as we know it"