Re: can't get the java plugin to work in mozilla

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:51:33PM -0400, Jeremy Petzold wrote:
> I went to the plugin spot at netscape and looked up the java plugin
> for mozilla, clicked on the button and it said that it installed
> succesfuly.

ick poo.  Their installer rarely if ever works for plugins.  Themes seem
fine, plugins hork almost everytime.

> the problem is that it does not seem to know it is installed or it is
> not working. mozilla does not have it registered in the about
> plugins(my flash plugin is) and I cannot load any web appets.
>
> does anyone have any ideas or experienced similar problems? if so what
> did you do?

Download Sun's JRE package and place it in /usr/local/jre, create
a symlink from /usr/local/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  Then make sure you have libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
installed.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar