Re: Problem compiling a new kernel, possibly gcc related

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:11:27 +0200
Elie De Brauwer <elie.de.brauwer@pandora.be> wrote:

> Hi there, i got the kernel source for 2.4.20 from an ftp.kernel.org, but
> when doing a make bzImage  I get the following error:
>
> ide-cd.h:440: error: long, short, signed or unsigned used invalidly for
> `slot_tablelen'

[ snip ]

> Can anyone point me to a location or should i file a bugreport, if so,
> against which package ?

Hi.  If you look back through the archives of this mailing list, you'll
see that a lot of people have posted a lot of stuff about this in the
last 48 hours.

It's a known issue when compiling kernels with versions of gcc other
than 2.95.  Use gcc-2.95 to compile your kernel.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)