Re: openoffice, nfs, and long pipe name

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:36:56PM -0500, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
>    I recently installed openoffice.org_1.0.3-2 on two different intel
> machines but one is a diskless client (its root partition is a mounted
> NFS filesystem). On the non-diskless client, the new openoffice runs
> well. Unfortunately, things aren't so great with the diskless machine
> and I'm able to track down the error to a named socket openoffice
> creates in the /tmp directory.

I had a look through issuezilla for existing reports but couldn't see
anything talking about these files.  It would help if you would also
explain what you see on the client that isn't working - most reports
describe the symptoms not the problem and it is hard to determine if
your problem is already reported by someone who didn't notice the name
of the pipe.

There are a couple of mentions of buggy NFS v3 implementations - maybe you
could check whether you are using NFS v3, and if so try switching to NFS
v2 to see if that makes a difference.  See Issuezilla #7123 for such a
report.

If you are already using NFS v2, I suggest you file a new issue for the
developers to look at.

Hope that helps,
Chris