Re: xmodmap & scroll lock key

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:51:19PM -0400, xavier renaut wrote:
> but you could dig your problem further with xkeycaps
> export keymaps, rename them, compare them.

I believe I did. xkeycaps is just a graphical frontend for xmodmap; ie:
for making generating the new maps easier.

Basically the "key mapping" feature is for mapping a key (keyboard key)
to another key (the generated character). What I want is, pressing a key
(some keys; with modifiers like ctrl or alt) and then more than one
character would be generated (displayed); e.g.: by pressing alt-w, the
generated characters should be: ' w ` " (single quote, w, back-tick,
double quotes).

Oki