Re: Thinkpad and Serial Port

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:05:14AM -0700, Kris wrote:
> I have an IBM ThinkPad 600e and every once in awhile the bios will
> reset and the serial port won't work.  Rather the IR port is on and
> the serial port has been disabled.  I then have to load up windows and
> use the windows utility to change the IR port to disabled and the
> Serial Port to enabled.  Is there a debian/Linux app that would allow
> me the same functionality.

--snip--snip--snip--
timball@marquez {54}$ apt-cache search thinkpad
lg-issue21 - Issue 21 of the Linux Gazette.
mwavem - Mwave/ACP modem support
thinkpad-base - Configuration files for thinkpad-modules packages
thinkpad-source - Source code for thinkpad-modules packages
tleds - Blinks keyboard LEDs indicating TX and RX network packets.
tpctl - IBM ThinkPad hardware configuration tools
tpb - program to use the IBM ThinkPad(tm) special keys
--snip--snip--snip--

tpctl is probably what you want.

--timball

--