Re: Anyone using the CAD packages?

Aryan Ameri wrote:

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 18:25, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
Hi all,
I am wondering if there is anyone on the list here
using QCAD or CYCAS for architectural drafitng
purposes.
If so could you reply with your preferences, pointers
etc. please.

Now that we are here, let me ask this question. All of my friends in the faculty of mechanical engineering, only work with Autodesk AutoCAD 2000. I have been told that more sophisticated CAD packages also exist, which may also run on non Wintel platforms, like Sun workstations. But I haven't found any. I would really love to know "Is AutoCAD the optimum CAD software, or are there more advanced ones available?"

This takes a little work to get it operational but is well worth it as it combines cad and solid modeling.

http://www.brlcad.com/

It is NOT gnu/linux license however it is free after completion of the requird government forms. Best of all the folks that develop it are very helpful and have been at it for a long time.

--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems