Re: mod_perl and mysql

John Basso wrote:
The web server is working, serves html content and provides access control to the golf member portions. The problem I am having is that when my mod_perl scripts try to access the database I get an "access denied - no login provided" error message.

I have given user "nobody" access permission to the golf db with no password specified. (I assume this is ok as user "nobody" cannot log into the machine).

I think MySQL is complaining about the database user name rather than the Linux user name, but if you're passing the Linux user name across as the database user name, remember that Apache runs as user www-data, not user nobody.

Cheers, Dave