Re: VPN

On Wed, 21 May 2003 09:28:55 +0200
Frank Simon <fsimon@dotsla.sh> wrote:

> hiho
>
> xavier renaut wrote:
>
> >On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:39:39AM +0200, Christian Schoenebeck
> >wrote:|Hi!
> >|
> >|I'm still wondering how far VPN is a standard, because I need a
> >Linux|replacement for a Cisco VPN client, which is AFAIK only
> >available for|Windows anyway. So, iIs there a compatible client I can
> >use?
> >

> the cisco vpn client is also available vor linux, solaris (ultrasparc)
>
> and mac osx
> afaik is ipsec/freeswan not able to connect to cisco vpn concentrator,
>
> the developers want to implement it (someday)

It is possible to connect with freeswan but unfortunately not with user
authentication turned on. And also unfortunately we're using (I think
like most people) user authentication and I can do nothing about it than
just to wait til it'll be hopefully soon implemented in freeswan. But I
read somewhere that it would be just on the agenda for the freeswan
server, not for the client... :((

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Regards,
Christian