Re: your mail

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:10:57PM +0300, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2003 19:02, Pigeon wrote:

> > > Hi Audrey
> > >
> > > Debian is not a company but an open source Linux distribution which
> > > you can download for free.
> > >
> > > More information is available at: http://www.debian.org/intro/about
> >
> > Is the problem perhaps not having a broadband connection, so
> > downloading it isn't practical?
>
> And assuming that the problem is this, is there a soloution for this? I
> have seen many situations in which broadband connection and credit
> cards are not available. Maybe strange for you guys, but a very common
> situation in countries which I have lived in (Iran, Turkey, Cyprus).

, Bedford...

I wonder if it's worth complaining to the Commision of Human Rights
that the requirement for payment by credit card discriminates against
non-westerners, pigeons and others who don't have the things, getting
them to rule that companies who at present only accept payment by
credit card must also accept cheques/postal orders/cash by registered
post etc. and must not charge any more for such payment methods.

I could mail him a copy of the woody isos that someone from this list
mailed to me. But they're r0, and we're on r1 now, so I'll wait to see
if someone with r1 steps forward.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons