Re: mounting fat32 partition

Reza [iqb4l@bonbon.net] .....
> am using copy of knoppix in my hdd,

This is a debian-user list. All the same, Knoppix is cousin....

> right now i want to mount my hdd
> partition that located in hdb5, hda, and hda3. i wanna ask how to make
> knoppix can mount. i have tried >mount /dev/hda

hda is not a drive partition but rather the master or first IDE hard disk on
your primary IDE channel.
Try /dev/hda1 in a properly constructed mount command of the form:

e.g.
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt

> but something came and give massage to me that there is no device
> i also try mount /mnt/hda and the massage came and said that no such
> directory
> anyone can help me?

Perusing through the appropriate man pages would help a great deal.
$ man mount

Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya