Alternate Debian Sources

Hi,

I'm a relatively new Debian user, and while I love the simplicity of getting
everything working that comes from really thoroughly testing the programs,
sometimes it would be nice to get later versions of software - eg, php
4.3.0.  Currently unstable only includes 4.2.3.

Are there alternate sources that I can put into my sources.list to set up,
say, a "dangerous" distribution (as opposed to "stable"/"unstable"), so that
I can call commands like "apt-get install php4/dangerous" for software where
having the most recent version is important?

If not, is it possible to get the information that was used to compile the
.debs, so that I can make a similar package to install onto my Debian
system, so that it doesn't muck it up too much?

Thanks,
Sam