fonts screwed

Hi people.

I installed the package ttf-commercial from woody in my Debian unstable in
order to have M$ fonts and it screw up all my fonts in kde.

Kde applications (I'm using antialiasing) can show only micosoft fonts,
even if you select a linux font (helvetica) what you see is a ms font.

This do not happen in gnome 1.4 applications, but do happen in gnome 2. So
I think it has to be related to antialliasing.

Can I rebuild the font index?
Or may be to copy the fonts dirs from knoppix would do?

Any ideas?

Thank's in advance.

  Alfredo