Re: Backing up all files on hdd

You can use Norton Ghost if you have both drives in
the machine or a cd-r in the machine. You may be able
to hack a network ghost, but I have failed repeately
trying this.

Most other approaches require manually fdisking the
new drive, untarring or restoring a dump and
installing lilo/grub for the boot sector. It's not
that much work and you don't have to deal with Ghost
which has been disappointing me since they dropped
real networking support (now it's just ghost-to-ghost
networking support, though you may be able to hack
something by hand using DOS network boot disks and
mounting shares as drives).

Hope this helps.