Re: jabber and mu-conference

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:27:25AM +0200, Ra?l Wild-Spain wrote:

> Has someone installed mu-conference for jabberd successfully in
> Debian??
>
> I've tried it and my makefile not works ( not existent path
> "includes", not concordance in path related to installation of jabberd
> in Debian ... ).
>
> I comment between lines:
>
> -Makefile-
> include ../../platform-settings
> ### platform-setting??? ... not existent file or directory!!! what is
> this?

Correct, it doesn't exist.  The Jabber 1.4.x server, and modules for it,
assume that you will run the server from the build directory.  This is
not how the Debian Jabber package operates.  The latest jabber-dev
package (-10) provides the "platform-settings" file in a file called
jabber-config in /usr/bin/.  You need to update the mu-conference
Makefile to reference this file instead of the above
"platform-settings", like so:

   include /usr/bin/jabber-config

> CFLAGS:=$(CFLAGS) -I../../jabberd -I../include ##
> ## relative path ../../jabberd!!. Does it signifies that I must
> install mu-conference in /usr/sbin/jabberd/mu-confence ???

Again, the mu-conference package assumes that it will be built in the
Jabber source directory.  The above includes need to be changed to the
following:

   CFLAGS:=$(CFLAGS) -I/usr/include/jabber -I../include

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar