Re: My first question on Debian

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 10:07:44PM +0800, clay@dawning.com.cn wrote:
> But when I went to a mirror site, wanting to grab the bleeding-edge
> ISOs, I met a problem.
>
> I know this may sound silly to your Debianers, but I really don't know
> which one to download -- there're several dirs under
> debian-unofficial:
> hurd/    potato/     sarge/  sid/    woody/
> each with some ISOs under it.
>
> So, which is the most *bleeding-edge* one?

That's sid, but don't expect its CDs to work; the installer is the least
finished part. You'd be better off installing woody, the current stable
release, and upgrading over the net to sid from there, unless you're
willing to help with the development of the new installer right away
(which might well be valuable, but won't get you going with Debian very
quickly; also, I'm not sure how the sid CDs are set up).

Cheers,