Re: LPRng Support

Hi,

* Sharninder Singh-662 <Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in> [030519 17:51]:
> Hi,
> what's the default printer spooler installed in debian woody. I wanted LPrng
> as my default spooler. Is it available on woody. How can i use my printer
> using LPRng on a debian woody system.

I'm guessing from your tone and X-Mailer you are new to Debian, and
perhaps have not actually installed Debian. If you already have a
Debian system running please learn to use the "apt-cache" command.
Example

apt-cache search lprng

If you don't have a Debian system yet, you can use the search function
of the packages page[1].

In short the answer is yes can use lprng. To install lprng use the
command

apt-get install lprng

Which prompts the suggestion to learn about apt-get. Have a look at
the apt-get HowTo[2]

Nick.

1. http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
2. http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manual#apt-howto

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.4.20-looxt93c7 #1 Thu May 15 18:07:35 JST 2003