Re: woody + OO 1.1 beta problems

Once upon a time Kevin Mark wrote @ 19 May 2003 00:36:38 -0400

> Hi Mohammed,
> its always good to use 'script' for capturing output for debugging
> purposes so do:
>  #script
>  #soffice
>  #exit
> then cut/paste the 'typescript' file
> and email this to us folks so we can see EXACTLY what happend.
> -Kev
> PS.
> I love it when folks work on software which include the rest of the
> world - can't wait to see kaboob -- FOSS enpowers!
>
> On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 23:20, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Sorry for bothering you from time to time :-)
> > I've just downloaded OO 1.1 beta "from openoffice.org"
> > I'm using debian woody + security updates
> > the installation went ok
> > but when i try to run oo i get:
> > X IO Error
> > google didn't help here!
> > Is that known to happen on debian ?

Hi,
That was what happened exactly
[mohammed@debian OpenOffice.org1.1Beta]$ ./soffice
X IO Error
[mohammed@debian OpenOffice.org1.1Beta]$
Thanks for the "script" tip, I was looking for that but i didn't remember it!

PS.
I didn't understand the last part of your mail, But i think/hope -actually sure cause it looks nice - That it's a good thing!
Thanks again :-)

--
-- Katoob Main Developer