Re: Linux vs Windows

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 01:34:18PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 09:17, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:
> > Im running 512 megs with 98, so you are wrong, its actually 1 gig.
>
> Yes, Win98 will show you the total amount of installed RAM.  It's
> my understanding, though, that programs have to be written explicitly
> to use the RAM above 256MB.  An example is Photoshop.

Try installing it on a machine with 1.5 gigs. Have fun.
At the first reboot, it will claim that you do not have enough memory.
You have to change some .ini file to get it to boot (the equivalent to
the mem=xxx boot parameter). Of course, .ini files are not read when
booting in safe mode, so no safe mode. Better be careful with those beta
drivers...

Frank