phoenix/firebird for debian ppc

Just wondering if anyone knows whether there are any debs for phoenix aka firebird for debian ppc. Failing that do they know if there are any source debs. Looking on apt-get.org the only packages available are for i86 and there are know source debs available. All the firebird site offers is binaries for linux i86. I am interested to try it out but would like to avoid having to compile it if I can as I found my last attempt to compile mozilla to be a very painful experience that I gave up on. I know that apt-get.org brief for the phoenix debs is "soon to be official" and that was put up at the end of last year but so far nothing has made it in. Does anyone have any idea of what the status of firebird is and how long it might be before we see it enter the official debian packages.

Cheers
John