Re: X configuration problem

Arthur Buijs wrote:
bernard wrote:

Hi,

I have just installed Debian 3.0. The PC is equipped with an ASUS V7100 graphics card (based on a nVidia GeForce2 MX chipset). I use an ordinary 15" monitor.

When starting the X server, I receive the following error message :
(EE) Screens(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

I guess that the problem is due to a configuration error in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (to be found hereunder)

I tried to restart X with different values for the DefaultDepth parameter but with no success...

Some hints would be greatly appreciated...

[snip]

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "nv"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"

this is how this section of my working XF86Config-4 looks. Notice the #.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "nv"
#       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"

Regards,
Arthur