Re: RAM chip problem, my Debian talks on console.

Miranda, Joel Louie M wrote:

Im running a Compaq Proliant 2500. Its an old machine.
I just installed it this morning, well I just got this error from my
And console anyone know what this means? Hey my Debian box talks on console,
neat! :)

-- error
May 17 03:31:18 web kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but
trying to continue
May 17 03:31:18 web kernel: You probably have a hardware problem with your
RAM chips
-- end

According to this thread:

it sounds like your mobo has generated a parity error. A suggestion was to use a pencil eraser to "clean" the contacts on your RAM sticks and try again.

Kent West (westk@acu.edu)