Re: howto get and install "testing" release

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 23:06, Hamid wrote:
> Is there a better (and more comprehensive) manual for apt-get out there
> ? (of course not the one on the Debian site http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html#contents)
>
> Thanks
> Hamid
>
> Nick Hastings wrote:
> > * Hamid <hrg27@spils.com> [030515 09:31]:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > Can someone please give me brief direction on how to get the testing
> > > release of debian ?
> > >

> > Read the installation manual at www.debian.org. Install stable.
> >
> > Read the apt-get HowTo. Upgrade to testing.
> >
> > Nick.

Technically, Testing is not a "release" as it hasn't been released - it
is only a repository of "this seems safe so far" packages. It may or may
not work together - nominally more likely than Unstable, but not
necessarily as likely as Stable. That is why it is called Testing - it
is for those willing to test and stress it, and report problems to help
polish it up towards the next release.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org