Re: Duron & CPU & system

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:22:02AM +0300, Egor Tur wrote:
> Hi folk.
> I have Duron CPU. What parameters of gcc I must use for optimum work of compiling soft.

-march=i686

> Must I recompile system for this CPU from default i318?

You can if you want. But it'll run just fine if you don't, and the
consensus is that you're unlikely to see much improvement. Most people
optimise the kernel and just leave it at that. For the kernel, you'll
want to select "k7" architecture in make menuconfig, which takes care
of the gcc options for the kernel build automatically.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons