Re: Acroread

W liście z czw, 15-05-2003, godz. 13:10, Paul Johnson pisze:

> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:15:10PM +0200, Mario wrote:
> > Someone know what's wrong with acroread, why it's lost from official
> > repository?
>
> As has been announced on the RC bug announcements for the last 60+
> weeks, it's built against zlib which apparently violates policy.
> Since Adobe didn't fix it upstream, Acroread gets the boot.  This is a
> good thing, acroread sucked, was non-free, and Adobe ignored it's
> problems.  Essentially, it got booted for exactly the same reasons
> people don't choose proprietary software.
>
> xpdf, kghostview, and many others can read PDF documents as well or
> (usually) way better than acroread.  Use those instead, you'll wonder
> why you lamented acroread's disappearance.

I used other pdf browser when i didn't know acroread, so i lament
because i was very content when i first time install acroread, it has
got best gui for me.
So best way for me now, is going to download sources from adobe and make
my own packages.
thanks a lot for info bout reason of acroread disappear.