Re: messed up stable install

john-

you ever get a response to this?  perl uses an internal array to
represent the directories in its search path, and you can add to it by
setting the PERL5LIB environment variable in the .bashrc for root (or
whatever userid under which you want to execute perl, for that matter).
track down the location of Debian.pm, then add

export PERL5LIB='/whatever/path'

to the .bashrc for root.  (assuming, of course, that you are running
the bash shell).  that should do the trick.  log in as root and finish
off the installation with apt-get -f install.

john cuson
(jcuson@isdh.state.in.us, jcuson@alumni.indiana.edu)

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever
observes.

                                     Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

john cuson
(jcuson@isdh.state.in.us, jcuson@alumni.indiana.edu)

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever
observes.

                                     Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

>>> John Basso <john.p.basso@lmco.com> 05/13/03 11:59AM >>>
Thanks for the response and sorry about the lack of pertinent
information.

I don't have the error messages with me but they were related to Perl
not being able to find certain modules in @INC.  It appears that I have

some abortion of different Perl versions installed or partially
installed.

I will collect the error messages this evening and post them.

On 13 May 2003 at 10:09, Gary Hennigan wrote:

> "John Basso" <john.p.basso@lmco.com> writes:
> > I maintain a web server at home which has been running
> > Debian stable.  In a momentary lapse of reason I attempted
> > to upgrade this system to testing.  This upgrade did not
> > complete successfully.  Specifically my Perl installation
> > seems to be inoperable.
> >
> > I am now trying to reverse this by downgrading back to
> > stable.  I've compiled a list of installed packages and
> > the versions contained in stable.  I plan to manually
> > install the stable versions.  The problem I am having is
> > that because the Perl installation is not working I cannot
> > seem to make any progress.
> >
> > Does anyone have a suggestion short of a complete
> > re-install?
>
> It would probably be more helpful if you fed us some of the
> error messages you're getting.
>
> Gary
>

> --

John Basso