Re: Acroread

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:15:10PM +0200, Mario wrote:
> Someone know what's wrong with acroread, why it's lost from official
> repository?

It was purged by the release manager due to having a security flaw that
nobody seemed to be interested in fixing. Furthermore, it was non-free,
and as I recall it was on the very edge of what we were legally allowed
to distribute - possibly even on the wrong side.

You can answer all questions of the form "why has package X been
removed?" for yourself by looking at
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt>.

There are unofficial acroread packages at http://marillat.free.fr/; use
at your own risk, of course. Alternatively, see if one of the free PDF
readers is up to the job.

Cheers,