Re: Optimizing for DVD Playback

On Wed, 14 May 2003 13:30:16 +0200
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:28:18AM -0400, Tim Shelley wrote:
> > Yes I have DMA already enable on the drive.
>
> Give it its own IDE controller instead of splitting it with another
> drive, so it's the only one on that cable?

That might work.  I forgot that i actually have it connected to my PCI IDE controller (a Promise Ultra133 TX2).  May this be slowing it down?  Is there any sort of speed optimization settings for an IDE controller, or should i just swap the DVD onto one of the motherboard IDE buses?

Thanks for the feedback!