Re: IP Masq problem w/2 NIC, Debian

John Kerr Anderson <johnan@student.flint.umich.edu> writes:

> I was wondering if you could help me configuring my linux computer
> with a two-port NIC.  I'm using a DSL connection with the 1st (eth0)
> port, and a switch is connected to the 2nd port(eth1).

> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:90:27:0B:E5:B8
>           inet addr:  Bcast:  Mask:

> eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:90:27:0B:E5:B9
>           inet addr:  Bcast:  Mask:

You have both network interfaces on the same IP address and with the
same network information; this doesn't match how you've described the
situation above.  Is your information in /etc/network/interfaces
wrong, perhaps?

> Anyhelp would be *gladly* appreciated!!!!!  If I try to ping my two
> networked linux computers nothing happens.  :-(
> My main ? is how do I setup both the gateway/router computer as well
> as the clients?

You need to ask a better question.  :-)  Where are you trying to ping
from and to that fails?  How does it fail?  What sort of setup,
exactly, do you want?

	-- Abra Mitchell