Re: Hard disk slows linux system

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's working much better now but when I tried
to do the same thing with my dvdrom and cdrw (both of them IDE) I realised
that I don't have a /dev/hdc /dev/hdd.
When i'm mounting the drives i'm using the scsi emulation but obviously hdparm
doesn't want to work with sr0/1 ("/dev/sr0 not supported by hdparm").

So what should I do to enable DMA on those drives?
BTW i'm using devfs.