Problems accessing data DVD disk

Hi,

When root mounts /mnt/dvd-rom, it can perfectly access the files.
A normal user (me) can mount the disk, but can not access files.
Can anyone help?

$ uname -or
2.4.20 GNU/Linux

$ grep cdrom /etc/group
cdrom:x:24:me

$ dir /dev/hdc
brw-rw---- 1 root  cdrom  22, 0 Mar 24  2002 /dev/hdc

$ grep dvd-rom /etc/fstab
/dev/hdc   /mnt/dvd-rom  udf
         users,noauto,ro,async,noatime,uid=me,gid=cdrom  0  0

$ dir /dev/hdc
brw-rw---- 1 root  cdrom  22, 0 Mar 24  2002 /dev/hdc

$ mount -v /mnt/dvd-rom
/dev/hdc on /mnt/dvd-rom type udf
                     (ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,uid=1000,gid=24)

$ ls /mnt/dvd-rom
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/ADOBEAPP: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/ALPHA: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/AudioFiles1: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/AudioFiles2: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/AudioFiles3CD: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/AudioFiles4VCD: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/BOAMYM: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/CD tracks: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/CDROM: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/Compaq_iPAQ_H3000: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/adaptec: Permission denied
ls: /mnt/dvd-rom/cool: Permission denied

TIA,
Ron
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |