Re: []OT] Drawing a rectangle with Gimp

Hello,

On Tue, 13 May 2003 11:31:01 +0530, Sharninder Singh-662
<Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
> i know this sounds stupid .. but can anyone tell me of a way to draw a
> simple rectangle in Gimp. i mean there should be a button somewhere
> which would just allow me to drag the mouse from one corner to the
> other and make a rectangle joining all found corners.

It made me wonder too, but I found a great way to do it:
	do a rectangular selection
	select Edit->Stroke
The border is dependant on your selected brush, so you can do great
things with this trick, like try it with wine brush. It works for any
shapes and selections.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org