Re: []OT] Drawing a rectangle with Gimp

Sharninder Singh-662 wrote:

hi,
i know this sounds stupid .. but can anyone tell me of a way to draw a
simple rectangle in Gimp. i mean there should be a button somewhere which
would just allow me to drag the mouse from one corner to the other and make
a rectangle joining all found corners.

Unfortunately no. I think I learned the following from "grokking the gimp" but I'm not certain.

1. select a rectangular (or other shaped) area.
2. fill with a colour.
3. shrink selection area by required number of pixels. (right click-> selection-> shrink)
4. cut/delete selection.

This obviously can be used for a selection of any shape.

HTH,
Barney