adsl on kernel-2.4.20

I updated the kernel to 2.4.20 but now, another problem, my internet doesn't work. I enable a few modules that I thought might work for my NIC.
When I type lspci in my old kernel (as well as new) I get:
Lynksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100
Note that when I had other linux distros I would only do: modprobe tulip, to load my NIC. According to the above info which NIC support should have I enabled in the kernel? Since lspci listed m nick in the new kernel, does that mean the right driver was enabled for it? Another thing I found out is that, when I boot with my old kernel it stops a bit at "Configurin network interfaces" whereas in my new kernel I don't see that at all (maybe it's done faster).
Thanks for any replies I get.

Zim